Edit Sony FX6 4K MXF in Final Cut Pro X smoothly
The Sony FX6 looks like a mini version of the FX9, and it’s easy to compare the two to the Sony FS7 and FS5. The FS5 really was a specced-down version of the FS7, with a weaker codec. The 10.2 megapixel sensor in the FX6 is a native 4K resolution sensor, not the 6K sensor from the FX9 which gets downsampled to 4K. That means that the FX9 still retains more detail, but in both cases you end up with a 4K image recorded into the XAVC-I intraframe- and XAVC-L-Long-GOP-Codecs.
This camera has many uses. We can shoot YouTube videos, this can shoot client videos, this can also shoot some cinematic stuff, a short film, interviews, commercials… But can we import and edit Sony FX6 footage in Final Cut Pro X smoothly and without rendering? I will share with you the solutions.
Sony FX6 it has powerful video recording ability, have you got it and recorded some 4K MXF videos? How to import Sony FX6 recorded MXF videos to FCP X for editing natively? The issue is caused by the format, XAVC is a good video format for video storage or playback, but it is not good for video editing, 4K XAVC video is not well supported by many editing programs, so when you load 4K XAVC-I/XAVC-L files from Sony FX6 to FCP X for editing, you will meet with loading and editing issues. The best way is to convert Sony FX6 .mxf files to native supported formats of FCP X, and then we can edit Sony FX6 4K videos smoothly, there will be no problems anymore.
Which software should I choose?
We would like to recommend the video converting tool for you, this best MXF to FCP X converter is called Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, it is the software that will help you to transcode Sony FX6 XAVC-I and XAVC-L .mxf to FCP X best editing video format, this powerful software can convert 8K, 6K, 4K UHD videos, 4K Blu-ray, Full HD Blu-ray to any video format too. With the help of this software, you can edit, play and share your videos freely.
For other editing software users, this 4K Video Converter is good at transcoding Sony FX6 MXF to MPEG-2/H.264 for Premiere Pro CC/Vegas Pro/After Effects CC, converting Sony FX6 MXF to DNxHD for Avid Media Composer and DaVinci Resolve, etc.
Free download Sony FX6 to FCP X Converter
How to convert Sony FX6 MXF for editing in Final Cut Pro X?
1. Run Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac as the Sony FX6 to FCP X Converter, click “Add file” to load your 4K or 1080P footage into this software.
2. Click “Format” bar to set output format. Here, Apple ProRes 422 MOV and ProRes 4444 MOV is your good choice.
3. For getting orginal video resolution, please click “Settings” button, then select “Orginal” in “Resolution (pix)” column.
4. If you like, you can edit your footage, please select the video that you plan to edit, then click “Edit” icon to do some simple editing.
5. Click “Comvert” button to start Sony FX6 MXF to ProRes MOV conversion on Mac (macos Big Sur is supported).
When the conversion is done, you can click “Open” button to get the generated video files. Now, you can import the converted Sony FX6 videos to Final Cut Pro X with the native codec and edit smoothly.