How to play MP4 movies on Vizio Smart TV?
My Vizio 50″ Smart TV will not play two MP4 files I have on an USB flash drive. Both files display “The selected file is not currently supported”
This article discusses outlines the files that you can play MP4 movies on Vizio Smart TV. It also gives the best option to convert MKV videos to LG TV supported formats together with the step guide.
Some annoying problems with being unable to play MP4 movies on Vizio Smart TV:
- MP4 playback no audio on Vizio Smart TV when putting MP4 to Vizio Smart TV via USB
- Got a blanket “yes, it plays mp4 videos” response, but haven’t had any luck getting it to stream any of mp4 you have downloaded on Vizio Smart TV via DLNA
Why can’t I play certain MP4 files on Vizio Smart TV via USB or DLNA
- MP4 indeed certificated to Vizio Smart TV according to the table above, but MP4 is only an open standard container which contains a variety of different encoded video, more than 16 different formats of audio, subtitle streams in different languages and other related data. Maybe the MP4 movie you want to view is encoded with Vizio Smart TV not accepted codec.
- MP4 won’t play if your MP4 file is corrupted or the information in the container is wrong.
- MP4 files with improper resolution, frame rate, bitrates and other specifications matter will also result in fail-play event.
- Many users play MP4 videos via USB or digital camera devices. If none of the above is true, it might be an issue of USB or digital camera devices, which are not compatible with your Vizio Smart TV.
What Files can I play on Vizio Smart TV?
Different Vizio Smart TV models support different file formats and therefore you can play a variety of files on your TV depending on the model. You can get the files supported by your Vizio Smart TV by referring to the manual. When you check the user manual of your Vizio Smart TV, you may find that there is no information about what file formats can be viewed on them. After a lot of online searching and testing, we find that Vizio HD TV only supports to play file formats encoded with H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec, while Vizio 4K TV, only plays MKV container format with H.265/HEVC video encoding are supported.
Best video format for Vizio Smart TV
What’s the best video format for Vizio Smart TV? The answer will be MP4 with H.264 video and AAC audio, the industry-standard format that is natively supported by almost any main-stream devices on the market, and Vizio Smart TV is no exception. Therefore, convert your videos to this standard, and they will be perfectly recognized and played by Vizio Smart TV. If you plan to play your movies on Vizio 4K Smart TV, please transcode your video to H.265 MKV. Please refer to the manual for the format of your TV that can be played through USB. If you have any questions, please contact the manufacturer.
How to view All Types of MP4 on Vizio Smart TV via USB or DLNA
In fact, no matter what playback issues you have encounted when you try to watch MP4 on Vizio Smart TV, an effective solution is to re-encode unrecognized MP4 movies to Vizio Smart TV recognized movie format. What you need is just a powerful third-party MP4 to Vizio Smart TV Converter, especially the one with fast conversion speed, friendly user interface, simple operating procedure, lossless output videos, different kinds of formats supported including MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI and so on.
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate may be fit for you. The straightforward workplace and intuitive design of this Vizio Smart TV Converter will make the process much easier than you thought. With a few clicks, your MP4 videos will be instantly and fast converted to more compatible video format to Vizio Smart TV. Now the easy convert procedure is offered to you step by step.
Features of the Best MP4 to Vizio Smart TV Converter:
- Speedy and quality conversion- the tool converts your videos or audios at a very high speed while maintaining the original quality of files.
- It supports conversion of more than 150 audio and video files. Examples of video formats include MOV, AVI, FLV, MP4, M4V, MKV, DV, and so on. The supported audio formats include MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, AAC, AIFF, etc.
- You can edit your videos with an inbuilt video editor. Some editing options include, crop, rotate, trim, and add effects and watermarks.
- It helps in downloading of online videos from popular websites such as Vimeo, Vevo, YouTube, Hulu, Dailymotion, Metacafe, and so on.
- Rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to Vizio Smart TV best playback format with ease.
- Convert MXF for Final Cut Pro, convert MP4 for DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and macOS 10.7 and later.
Free download MP4 to Vizio Smart TV Converter:
Convert MP4 files to Vizio Smart TV for playing via USB or DLNA
Step 1. Add MP4 video
Install and lunch this MP4 to Vizio Smart TV Converter. Iallow you to import your MP4 files in two different ways. Click “Add File” button and dragging and droppping works too.
Step 2. Set Vizio Smart TV friendly Video Format
Choose output profile: Click “Format” bar, choose HDTV and select “Vizio HDTV Video (*.mp4)”. Or select “HD MP4 Video (*.mp4)” under “HD Video” category.
And for playing 4K MP4 on Vizio 4K HDR Smart TV, choose “4K MP4 Video (*.mp4)” from “4K Video”.
If your Vizio Smart TV only supports H.265 MKV playback, please select H.265 MKV as output format.
Step 3: Advanced Video, Audio Settings (optional)
The default setting will work great for your Vizio Smart TV as long as you click the “Settings” button to set MP4 files by yourself, including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc.
Step 4: Transcode MP4 to Vizio Smart TV format you choose
Click “Convert” button to start MP4 to Vizio Smart TV conversion. The process will be finished soon. After the conversion, you can easily find the encoded MP4 video clips in the destination folder by clicking “Open” button for playing.
How to Stream MP4 to Vizio Smart TV via USB or DLNA
As your MP4 files have already been converted to the proper format on your computer, now you need to stream the converted MP4 movies to Vizio Smart TV, two viable ways are as follow.
1. Stream MP4 to Vizio Smart TV via USB.
- Ensure the video file format is compatible with your TV (you can check this by searching for your TV model on the manufacturers website and checking its specifications).
- Copy the video file(s) to your USB drive.
- Insert USB into TV.
- Select the USB channel on your TV.
- Use the TV’s file explorer to locate and play the desired video.
2. Stream MP4 Files to Vizio Smart TV over DLNA
If your Vizio Smart TV is DLNA certified, with the help of DLNA server like Plex, Serviio, Twonky, and etc, then lunch Windows Media Player on Windows PC and click the icon “Stream” and then point to “Turn on home media streaming”. You’ll find the “Media streaming options” page, go for “Turn on media streaming” button. Type the administrator password or provide the confirmation if necessary. Then Click the video you want to stream to the DLNA-compatible TV, and right-click the selected video to point to “Play to” option for streaming.
3 Free MP4 Player for Windows
In case you wanna play MP4 movies on your computer or smart phones,here a couple of free MP4 players is recommended to you.
1. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a favorite of many video watchers thanks to abundant format support, style, and customization options. There aren’t many videos this app can’t play and play amazingly well. It’s more than enough to be the only video player you’ll ever need on your computer.
2. GOM Player
GOM Player offers a lot of advanced functionality for playing back videos. The software can handle 360-degree and 8K videos, as well as offers the option to play Youtube videos on your desktop.
5KPlayer is one of the more comprehensive free options for not just watching videos, but managing your entire video collection. The software allows you to add your entire computer video library, so you can select videos from within 5KPlayer rather than searching your hard drive. The player supports just about every type of video format you’re likely to come across, including 360-degree and 8K videos.