Canon XC10 4K MXF to Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5 workflow
I’m searching for a solution to getting MXF clips directly from Canon XC10 to Premiere Pro. I had searched the method and tried the Log and Transfer, but still failed. An alternative way I found to open Canon XC10 4K MXF clips in Premiere Pro is to convert MXF to MPEG-2. I’ve tried the workaround. Yes, it works. Now I’m going to share the details for importing 4K MXF to Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS6. If you are stuck in the issues, just read on.
With the XC10 4K Camcorder from Canon, professional Ultra HD 4K recording capability is presented in a package ergonomically designed for handheld operation and portability. Video is recorded with H.264 compression and packed in the widely supported MXF wrapper. Bit rates of 35 and 50 Mb/s are available for 1080i/p recording, and there are 205 and 305 Mb/s modes for UHD 4K. However, the MXF footage from the Canon XC10 is not an ideal format for most non-linear editing systems (NLE) including Premiere Pro, Vegas Pro, Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, etc. Although Canon provides some plugins, it seems that the process is complex and sometimes you will encounter different importing issues like import slowly, no audio after importing, etc. Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix the problems. Find it out here.
You maybe stuck in the issues when editing Canon XC10 MXF files in Premiere Pro. Well, the solution is never far behind. The article just offers some tips and tricks for importing Canon XC10 MXF files in Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5 smoothly.
Although Premiere Pro tries the best to offer support for Canon’s MXF format. However, owing to the computer configuration, operating environment, a lot of users still can not import MXF videos into Premiere Pro. Anyhow the high-definition MXF format is not ideal for editing and postproduction.
To edit the Canon XC10 footage in Premiere Pro smoothly, the easy workaround is to convert MXF to MPEG-2, the most compatible video codec for Adobe editing software.
You can get help from Acrok Video Converter Ultimate (Windows Version | Mac Version) to get achieve your goal. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode Canon XC10 MXF to MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro as well as Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie, DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, ProRes for Final Cut Pro, H.264 for DaVinci Resolve without losing quality. Now download the software on your computer and follow the guide below to learn how to ingest Canon XC10 MXF file to Premiere Pro CC, CS6, CS5.
Free download MXF to Premiere Pro Converter
How to transcode Canon XC10 MXF for using in Premiere Pro?
1. Install and run Acrok Video Covnerter Ultimate as the Canon XC10 to Premiere Pro Converter. You can drag&drop the files into software window list directly. You can click “Add file” button to browse to a Canon XC10 .mxf clip and the software will add it to file list.
2. Click Format to set MPEG-2 as output format. Please follow Editing Software > Premiere MPEG-2 (*.mpg) as output format.
3. Settings: If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click “Settings” button to adjust audio and video parameters as you like.
4. If you want to do some personal edits, just click “Edit” to go to this UI. On the “Video Editor” Window, you can play and preview the original video and output effects. Also you can flip video, trim, add 3D effect, reset, and adjust volume.
5. As soon as all the above settings are completed, you can press “Convert” button to start Canon XC10 MXF video format to MPEG-2 codec conversion. After conversion is done, simply click “Open” button to find generated MPEG-2 codec encoded MPG files. Afterwards, you can transfer the encoded MPG files into Premiere Pro for smooth editing without any problem.